Thread: Am I scum?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Am I scum?

As the next guy alluded to, I seriously doubt he was telling the truth. Maybe he had a queen but most party players will not lay down a queen high flush. Those that do are less likely to berate what they feel is bad play.

On the hand I would have been berated more because if I were betting and raising they would have been twice as big as your bet and raise. When you are on a bluff or have the nuts it's normally good to bet or raise the pot. With a coordinated board that is more important. If you thought your tens were good then raising to more like 10 or 12 bucks and then betting out the size of the pot on the turn (you bet a bit under 1/2 the pot) would give his draw poorer odds. If you don't think that your tens are good then you are much more likely to pull of a bluff by betting this amount. You will also be much less predictable and perhaps more importantly will have your big hands get paid off more because they won't know if it's a bluff or a real hand.

To answer the question you posed in the topic, no. It would be worse if he had control but you controlled the entire hand. As was said before if this guy had what he claimed and I doubt, then his play was less than impressive.