View Single Post
Old 04-09-2004, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Saw your SS vs. ITH tourny on Stars, and...

[ QUOTE ]
Come on dude, lighten up a little. I can't believe you are so hurt by these comments. Also, I think it's silly to NOT to view poker as being worthy of intense competition. I defy you to find a single decent poker player who lacks a competitive fire. Trash talk is all part of it man! Discount poker just because it isn't physical or a solved game? Give me a break.

Schaefer

P.S. As far as, "Little kids flaming each other," we aren't flaming each other. We're flaming the enemy !

[/ QUOTE ]

Far from "hurt" (I wasn't even close to upset when posting that). I agree about competition. The problem with trash talk is you could be the best player in the bunch and you may be tucking your tail between your legs because you just didn't get the cards. I think I have made the point clear enough already.

I don't mind fun and games in the spirit of competition. However, it can be taken too far. Especially, in the game of poker. It isn't like you have some magic to make sure you get good cards. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I have seen crappy players beat plenty of good players.