Thread: Stalking?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2004, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Stalking?

The most important lesson we can learn as we try to be successful players is Table Selection. My results have improved dramatically since I've become more conscientious about finding good games rather than just taking what is available. At some sites I do almost have a "Single Player" strategy: some people can make a game good all by themselves: a great mark not only parts with his money but also so discombobulates everyone else that they start playing worse as well.

On the other hand, in the situation at hand, if the other player won't play with you, you can't make her. Thus the beauty of skins.

And remember not to antagonize: if someone is paying your bills, keep them happy: silence is a good way to be unobtrusive: if you have no personality you won't get remembered as easily. I've often though that an unmemorable, unclever moniker is best so that people don't start developing a profile on you (unless you're capable of developing an advantageous online table image). TeddyKGB5793 might be the best sort of alias.