View Single Post
Old 04-08-2004, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Lying, of course

JT,

this is very interesting to see this mentioned, because it is one of the few things that i feel is bad for Ebay.

long story short, i had an ebay store and a 7k+ feedback rating that we sold off last year.

one of the most common complaints i got from buyers was the fact that they were constantly being sniped. i would get ANGRY rants that i should change my end times so that they could be awake, all the way to people accusing me of shill buying. they never understood what sniping was. even when i explained that it did not matter if they were awake when the auction ended cuz' they were playing against a robot bidder, it still caused me nightmares from a CS standpoint.

i know it is the norm, i know it is accepted, but i have such a bad taste from snipers that i refuse to support the industry by using it. not sure if that makes sense, but i just think ebay should be about humans selling to humans on a level playing field. this is my silent protest to have never sniped an auction since becoming just a plain old buyer.