View Single Post
Old 04-02-2004, 11:21 AM

Default Re: New England Poker Classic $500 NLHE

[ QUOTE ]
If you had reraised preflop, do you think the CO would fold his crappy aces or other mediocre hands that you think he's likely to be holding? Or, would he get stubborn and call, causing you to play a big pot with the worst hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure. I think he may have layed it down to a big raise, say 1,500 plus, but I was also worried that the BB may pick up a hand. I considered him a very solid player and I didn't want to risk my tournament on cheese if he picked up a hand or if indeed the CO really had something. I had been quite shortstacked all tournament but had a very lucky double up about a couple of rounds earlier on a similar play as you suggest (AT in sb, raised 1 limper all-in about T1200, he had AA, flop came KQJ), and then shortly after had managed to pick up some chips 3 hands in a row, with AJ, AQs and QQ, never going to showdown. I just didn't feel comfortable trying a complete bluff here as I had enough chips to easily see a few orbits and pick up a real hand.

Although still below average (average about T7,500) I'd managed to accumalate enough chips where I was out of fold/all-in mode and I thought I'd take a chance on seeing a flop. I did consider folding pre-flop but I was prepared to lay down just top pair to any action.

My read was confident enough to know I was beating him on the flop. I think I could lay this down if I just had the one pair.