Thread: near bubble
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2004, 08:46 AM

Default Re: near bubble

[ QUOTE ]
I small bet the Queen (400) to see where I am and BB goes all in. (2300).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the part I really don't understand... You bet to see where you were, someone went all in against you (telling you that you had second best hand), and you called. In addition, in tournament play you are done when you bust out, so you need to have the best hand if you go are going to put all your chips in the pot. This other player told you that you didn't have the best hand... so you should have folded it.

As for the rest... I often slowplay AA UTG, hoping someone raises behind me so I can reraise. So I don't think that is a really bad play. However, if the play was loose to that point, I would have put in a decent raise.

As far as odds... as I said before, tournament play requires a different thought process when an allin situation comes up. Odds should be calculated solely on whether you think you had the best hand or not at that point.

Finally, consider the source when reading this reply: I play very little online, mostly small buy-in tournaments on Party, and I don't do THAT well. Most tournaments I play are B&M and I have a lot more ability to make reads.