View Single Post
Old 03-23-2004, 06:38 PM

Default Re: I allways limp UTG

I dont see how this is maximizing your profit with big hands. Observant players will pick up on this just as quickly as raising only those premium hands. Do you always re-raise if there is a raise behind you? Non-observant players will pay you off anyway, might as well tie them to a pot early.

I look at strategies like this in how easy they are to counter. Observant players will see your limp UTG as a PP, AK or AQ. I would just play extremly passive againt you post-flop with position. Because the pot is small your flop bet will be smaller, and are you going to keep pushing on the turn with AK,AQ,and PP's w/overcards on board when unimproved? Just because I cant put you on AA,KK,QQ because you didnt raise pre-flop doesn't mean that information wont come out eventually in the hand, and you will have no idea where you stand in relation to my holding.

This strategy might be a goldmine on PP where idiots abound, I just think it will get you killed by observant players. So I say raise it up, and of course throw in the occasional limp/re-raise for flavor.