View Single Post
Old 03-23-2004, 04:02 AM

Default Re: I have a new sick respect for MTT players

I play primarily Multis now, as i could not stand the hours of beats I took at the limit tables. It sent me on tilt, and I could never really make the 2bb/hr like I wanted to.

With tourneys, you only have to take one beat at a time, and then wait til you calm down, and play another tourney. This prevented me from goin on tilt, and i win more now that i play tourneys.

Enough on that.

I re-raise a good amount PF, but not enough to commit me to call an all-in re-raise. I didn't really look at the hand very closely, but even if this re-raise is not too desicive, this allows you to take control of the hand on the flop, and your opponent will fold unless he makes his hand, picks up a draw, or already has you beat PF. Use the same strategy when you bet out on the flop. Playing 4 handed, presto (55) is the type of hand that you will push hard, but do not want to risk your entire stack on. You can built your stack back with suck large blinds, and can push your opponent off his hand with good strategy. As for finding the fine line of exactly HOW MUCH to raise back, use you poker logic for that. Anticipate what the pot will be with you re-raise and his all-in, and decide what odds you would need to call with 55. Make sure he doesn't give you those odds, or you may find yourself a huge DOG.

Hope this helps.

AJizzle