View Single Post
Old 03-18-2004, 12:10 PM

Default Re: When your bullets turn out to be blanks...,

Well,

Here's what I'm thinking, albeit, mistated my flop intentions. I've raised one EP limper in MP and got called. Game conditions are not ideal. So this means that EP has a good but not great hand and my left has a good callable hand.

When I bet out on the flop with a connected, paired board I don't think these guys are chasing too badly. Best case scenario I'm up against a worse two pair. Worse case, I'm already beaten and since I'm the aggressor, the guy with trips is waiting for me to play the turn to raise me. I'm guessing here that I'm likely up against O/S straight draw tho.

So when the 9 falls, I figure I can check/call it down, bet and fold to a raise, or check/fold to a bet. The latter would have saved the most money. I don't like your suggestion as much because if I only think i'm beat, then I have to think too hard about how tricky this player is and whether I should let him out play me and not see any result. I'm thinking with three players in the pot, a bluff is slightly less likely and am probably beat on the turn.