View Single Post
Old 03-12-2004, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Mason et. al. If Turbo Strategies are So Bad....

AA,

Since you didn't get any positive responses, I'll throw you a bone (kidding [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ).

Limiting myself to TTH since that is what I know, I think having a TTH profile that plays 2+2 would be useful. Also not that difficult or time consuming to construct. I think Mason is overestimating the work involved to do this. On the other hand, you may be overestimating the utility of such a profile.

I set up a profile that represents my playing style. This took me several hours but having done it once I could do it more quickly a second time. So it is fairly easy. But there are limits to the programmability of the profiles. The best result I would expect would be to produce a 2+2 profile that plays a simple ABC 2+2 poker. (Hmmm, I suppose it could be argued there can be no such a thing. Anyway it wouldn't be "real" expert poker, but still useful.)

With Ed Miller's book coming out soon (I hope!), a MajorKong TTH profile would be fun. Of course, business considerations may preclude that, but I may just make my own....