View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Some now hands to look over

Hand 1: You've identified the mistake. Once you are raised with the nut flush on a paired board, you need to worry about the full house. You don't have the nuts. Give any thought to betting out on this flop with your flush draw? Looks like it might have worked, though I can't relly blame you for not doing so against so many limpers.

Hand 2: At first I was going to say something like "I don't understand why people play small pairs so aggresively in tournaments", but given your last statement about UTG, I think that all-in is fine, especially since you are short-stacked anyway.

Hand 3: This hand is begging for the stop-and-go. There is no way the button can fold to this raise preflop unless he was raising with total crap (and even then it is close). Just call and bet out on any flop. Yes you would have lost anyway, but stop-and-going would at least give you a shot of getting him to lay down a better hand (like if he had 77 he might lay down to the A).

With just 7x the BB, you are very happy to get all your chips in preflop with KK. All the chips went in while you were a 7:3 favorite. You played it perfectly.