View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 10:40 AM

Default Re: 20-40...Would You Ever Check This River?

[ QUOTE ]
The call pre-flop is fine.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

I trust your opinion here, Diplomat. i've read many of your posts and those included in the older archives and do believe you when you say this preflop call is ok. HPFAP also says in this late a position these calls are ok. but how much am i giving up by passing them? i honestly do not remember the last time i played jto. i think it was in a 2/4, 3/6, or 5/10 game on the button maybe...but qj is like my "cutoff" and i really don't play jto, t9o, 98o, 87o and the like...maybe i can add jto in position in the situation described but if i don't have control of a game i fear this hand will just get me introuble.

please advise on this aspect of play and if you think i'm really hurting myself by not playing these hands. as it stands right now i will continue to toss them but now i will play the hand out in my head as if i played it and see what i would have done in different situations that invariably arise with these trouble spots.

maybe i just doubt my game a bit in this spot and that could be a leak. well at least now i'll go review this aspect of the game and think about it so any help you can provide will be appreciated.

thanks
-Barron