View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 08:36 PM

Default 5 all ins in a row - your thoughts on the plays

Ok, Live NL tourney. Started with 4K in chips. 2 hours in, I have not been able to do anything...blinds are up to 1K I find myself in the position of having only 5K and moved to a new table with monsters on either side of me...I am in 8th chip position at the table.

1st Hand: AKs 3 from the button. One of the smaller stacks with 3K moves all in UTG, I move all in and all fold. He has AQo and of course hits his Q and I am now the small stack with 2K

2nd Hand: 55 all fold to me, I move all in, one monster reraises all in, all fold...he has AQ. I win the race, actually I hit my set and wish I had limped, but that would have looked ridiculous limping with a 1K blind, leaving me with only 1.5K. So I am back up to 5.5K

3rd Hand: AKs all fold to me, I raise all in, called by the BB who is small stack with only about .5K left after his blind. He shows QT and I win the race and am up to 7K

4th Hand: AQs - all fold to me, I raise to 3K (dumb, probably, I was not sure if I should move all in, limp, double, whatever, but that left me with about 4K left...but I was out of position 6 from the button) Guy next to me moves all in, all fold, and I call another 3K (dumb again, but i sure felt pot committed there getting better than 3-1 on my 3K call) He shows AKs and I dont hit a Q and am down to 1K

5th Hand JTo - 2 from the blind, I call all in and pray. Run into KQ and both hit a pair, but I am out

crazy since they were all in a row.

The hand that bothers me is the AQ hand. I guess I could muck it, but Im not sure I could have avoided what happened, unless I had limped, or only doubled the blinds and then fold to the big reraise.

Any thoughts on any of these hands? Should I possibly have limped with the AKs either time sice I needed chips? I almost never limp, so unless I had AA there, I just cant bring myself to limp with AKs.

Thanks,
Spoods