View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 05:41 PM

Default Re: How long do I keep going?????

Well, if you have all your money in the world in front of you, of course you don't put it all in with a small edge. This is a large edge, though, and if you can't put it all in, you shouldn't be in the game. CJ is a bright guy who knows a little something about poker, but there is no way in hell that his edge in the game is so great that he should pass up this opportunity, whatever his bankroll. If his edge were that great, he's wasting his time playing $5/10, especially given the state of Foxwoods' $20/40 games, at least when I was there. He simply has to get his money in there.

If the other guy has a flush possibility, you're "only" a 3:2 favorite. You should still stick your stack in there. I say you should put in your stack with a 1% edge if you are playing within your bankroll. It is true that there will be other, more advantageous situations, but if you are playing within your bankroll, putting in $200-300 on this hand should not preclude you from taking advantage of them. Y'all do have $500-600 on you when you play $5/10, right? And you get paid next week, right?