Thread: Help Please
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 11:47 PM

Default Help Please

Okay after yet another boneheaded play in a two plus two event I have come on here to seek the advice of the experts. Here is my problem I have been playing winning poker for about a year now. Not huge profits by no means but profits nevertheless. Anyway as I moved up in levels I find there are always other good players at the table. I know this is to be expected but I have a problem against good players.

Take this hand from tonight’s two plus two sng.

T6 suited on the button. I think okay I'm going to steal I raise it. Folded to the BB Cris Brown. She reraises me. Now I know I should fold and I would against 99% of the players out there. But against good players I tend to think I can make a move on them. So instead of FOLDING I reraise all in. I always seem to think a good player is making a move on me. It seems odd I give a fish credit for a good hand but not a good player. Anyway, Cris calls with QQ and I lose Thank God or else Cris would have written a 42 page rant about bad luck. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] To further add to my demise William tells me I have less patience than a 5 year old at the zoo.

But anyway this is a massive leak in my game. I tend to try to make moves on good players because I always think they’re making moves on me. The sad thing is every now and then my boneheaded plays work and it further reinforces my negative thinking. I know when a strong player shows strength I should avoid them like the plague but I don’t. Any help on this?

No wonder I don’t have a girl friend with moves like this.