View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 05:07 PM

Default i thought i played this great

20-40 good live game. i had Th8h in the cutoff. some fool limped, decent player raised, i cold called, button freak called, big blind called.

the flop was Tc7c2h. checked to raiser who bets, i raise, button calls, rest fold, raiser hesitates, an honest hesitation my spidey senses tell me, and calls.

the turn is Kh. raiser bets. im thinking 70% AK, 30% AQh or AJh or some other hand i beat like 99 or something. ive played with him a lot so this seems like a fair estimate. i raise based on this, button folds and now raiser reraises. now im putting my read on something like 90/10. he's tricky/skilled enough to come over the top with less, but basically his betting pattern now says AK (but a set is unlikely because he would reraise the flop w/ KK and TT). i make it 4 bets. i figure i want to see a showdown for free because of that small chance he's getting tricky, and he has to fear two pair or a set by me if i reraise. plus i figure to have 14 outs if he has the AK he most likely has. plus i know that while he's gutsy he doesnt have the balls to 5 bet me with AK or to stop and go bet me on the river.

anyways a T came off on the river and he called me. but i like my play even when river is 2c check, check and he shows his AK and i muck.