View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 03:31 PM

Default Re: 55 in BB against small stack all in and a limp reraise

First of all, there were three limpers and a forth that went all in for 105. Obviously, if you call, all the limpers are coming in. You don't think four others is alot? I do.

Secondly, there is no dead money if you raise and get it heads up. The entire pot will either go to you or the all in. You still have to beat the all in which is a coin flip at best. Seems to me there are a few different scenerios here.

First - You raise to 400, get it heads up, flop and five and win the money in the pot. You'll be sick that you didn't let others in.

Second - You raise to 400, get it heads up, and lose to the all in. You've risked 400 for no real reason because you were going to lose regardless.

Third - You raise to 400, get a couple of callers and have to fold on the flop when two or more over cards come OR you are filled with uncertainty as to what to do with an underpair out of position against 1 or more opponents.

Fourth - You raise to 400, get re-raised (which is what happened) and you completly and utterly waste 400 precious tournament chips on a small pair.

Fifth - You just call, flop a set and win a monster pot. Clearly the best result.

Sixth - You just call and lose to one of the limpers or the all in without investing any more than 105 measly tournament chips.

Of course there are some scenerios in which you flop a set and lose or don't flop a set and win, but they will be rare.

You tell me, looking at these options, which looks better, raising to 400 or calling?

Peace

Goodie