View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 11:50 PM

Default PartyPoker Gestapo!

PartyPoker has gone too far in trying to stop the WinHoldem bot. This just happened and I was able to duplicate it numerous times: I was NOT running the WinHoldem bot but I did have the WinHoldem webpage open in my browser. I logged into PartyPoker and this message popped up "You are currently running a PokerBot program that we do not allow to be run in conjuntion with our software. The poker software will be closed if you continue to run this program while trying to play." I was NOT "running" the bot! I was viewing the WinHoldem WEBPAGE in my browser. When I went to a different webpage or closed the browser all together, I was able to play on PartyPoker. But having their webpage open in my browser caused the popup to occur. So not only does PartyPoker not allow this bot to operate on their site, but now they wont let you play even if you just have the WinHoldem webpage open! This is completely unacceptable. Who are they, the Internet police? It's my computer, my browser, my Internet connection, my right to choose what I view in my browser. Has PartyPoker installed some kind of trojan of their own to scan my computer and track my Internet activities?