View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Who calls this river????

I would've ch the flop. Why? On the one hand, r blind then ch flop is sign of weak/tight. You don't want that.

On the other hand, you're in the CO and make what could be a steal attempt. The button either has a decent hand or doesn't buy it, and the blinds are defended too liberally.

So, what do you really gain by the flop bet? I've seen it posted that PFR are wrongly auto-betted on flop and I agree. Also, some of the strongest players I've seen aren't always charging from the gate.

If you ch, maybe button is thinking about a ch/r and gives everyone a freebie. Now the $15 you saved on the flop is maybe used to call the 10 that spiked.

If he bets, now you're asking yourself how far you want to take this A10o hand that didn't hit but a Q did.

Giving in too soon? Maybe. Not putting lipstick on a pig is another possibility. Playing from behind isn't profitable.

As far as the turn, you have 5 maybe 6 outs and have no idea if your 2nd pair is boss. Go with your instinct.

A brick on the river? Do you think they're bluffing or is it worth a crying call?