Thread: 3-Bet the turn?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 06:50 PM

Default 3-Bet the turn?

Pretty typical $10/$20 game -- good variety of fish & fishermen. Table seems a little on the loose side when this hand happens. I'm in the big blind.

UTG, UTG+1, EMP, MP, LMP all call! CO raises. Button calls two cold. SB calls. I call with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img](anyone throw a value raise here? [value in the sense that my hand plays great 9 ways]). All other limpers call. 9 way to the flop for 18 SB.

Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. (yeah, it's nice)

SB checks, I bet right out (hoping that my aggression out of the blind will be seen as weakness to the alert players who look for tells, and hoping that the fish call b/c they're fish and that's what fish do. Also, I didn't want the flop to get auto-checked around to CO, who has a tendency not to auto-bet flops he raised preflop, and have him check ). I'm called in four spots (UTG, UTG+1, MP, and CO [who's the pre-flop raiser]). The only player that's left that isn't a fish is MP, who is by far the best player at the table.

Turn is the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I bet out again, get called by UTG, UTG+1 folds, MP raises, CO folds and it's back to me. Do I three-bet the turn? MP raises on the turn for info. a lot and if I three-bet he's gonna get the answer that I have the nuts or damn near (as my three-betting isn't a frequent thing) and possibly fold, as will UTG (unless he has the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], in which case he is obviously along for the ride.) Plus, there is the chance that I am behind to the nut flush.

Results to follow. Thanks.