Thread: CHOP QUESTION
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 02:28 PM

Default Re: CHOP QUESTION

Your 40x multiplier only works perfectly in a zero-sum game; in this case a game with no rake or toke. The game you described is NOT zero sum since the house is getting a rake that you all, of course, have no intention of multiplying by 40x. You need to give each person full value for the rake that they did NOT pay. Resolving this is not easy; but let me give it a try...

I suppose everyone knows exactly how much rake each paid.

IF THERE WAS NO RAKE then the amount they would end up with is their actual result ($6.75 for you) plus the rake. Multiply that by 40x and that's your weighted result. Add all those together and you'll end up with zero.

However, you did pay rake. So take each players weighted result and subtract the actual amount of rake they actually paid. THAT'S how much money they are due or lost.

----------- Example --------------

It appears to me that there was a total of $26.75 in rake. Lets say you paid $5.10 in rake. Add that to your $6.75 and you have 11.85, now multiply by 40 = $474.0. Subtract your rake of $5.10 and you are due $468.90.

Lets say Joe paid $4.10 in rake and lost $3.00. Add together yeilds a weighted win of $1.10. *40 = 40.40. Minus rake of $4.10 = Joe is owed $36.30.

Notice that those who actually lost MORE than the rake they paid will OWE other's money; those that won more will be due money.

RI don't think you need to reconcile your on-line accounts. Everyone has already paid the rake they owe. Winners are winners and losers are losers. Notice that you were actually playing for 41x not 40x the amount.

Be sure to have this all figured out and agreed to BEFORE you do it next time. Money and Friends don't mix; ambiguous money and friends is a disaster.

- Louie