View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 05:12 PM

Default I fall victim to one of the Seven Deadly Sins: Amused Pride

3/6 B&M. A very loose table (with the exception of a tight old hippie to my left) with 6, 7, 8 and once 10 people seeing the flop. By playing tight pf and having some good cards, I am having a very good night. I have, by far, the biggest stack of chips in front of me.

I’m in the SB and am dealt the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . Six players limp to me and I decide to play knowing TOH would need three aces in the hole before he’d raise the BB. The flop is J94 all [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s. Good flop, wrong suit. I check and the limping bee begins. You know, the group feeling that develops at the table sometimes, the we’re-all-here-just-to-have-fun-so-let’s-all-just-be-nice-and-not-raise feeling. What, with my pair of fours, I think, no way. I say raise very softly, and as one the table snorts its disgust. If I could read minds I sure all I’d hear at that moment is "What an [censored]." And then, as if to punish me, the entire table folds with the exception of one guy who folds after I bet the turn. As the dealer slid me my $42 profit, I had to cross my toes and scrunch them very hard not to grin ear to ear.

I won $346 in three hours on Thursday and this is the hand that stands out. Am I wrong to feel an amused pride? Does anyone else run into these group encounter limping bees sometimes?