View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Serious question about ESP (I don\'t mean psychic or anything silly)

Actually, my impression was that Festus was not sure if it was ESP or not. There are plenty of alternative explanations, one of which he suggested himself (the car may have been travelling faster than normal). As for testifying before congress, I'm not sure I (or Bill Clinton) believes this amounts to much.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Daryn's point started "If you really believed..."

Not only had Festus not stated that he "really believed" he was not even sure his experience was ESP, just that it freaked him out a bit. The operative word here being "YOU". Maybe the point was "lost in translation", as in the original English, "you" is used as a direct reference to the person concerned. Perhaps Daryn meant "you" as in "one".
As for the "zinger effect" I think I have more success sucking lemons.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

As for your comments about our healthcare system, it is clear you have not the slightest capacity for rational comparison. The NHS may not be what it once was but at least it gives everyone a fair chance of getting treatment. And teeth, well I am happy with mine (especially now I have filed them down to sharpened points), rather my teeth and my face than your teeth and your face, anytime. And if I ever get in a big fight, it wont costs me $1000's when I lose my teeth (we can still get gold teeth on the NHS for free).

Do you think we're getting a bit off-topic here? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]