View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 02:31 AM

Default Re: computer tech help needed(off topic)

but since I put new software on earlier I am not 100% sure

If you have a small hardrive and you just added a large program that could be the problem.How much extra space did you have on your hardive before you installed whatver program it was..

In my experience low resources are caused by lack of RAM to do many tasks at once,how many programs are you currently running -is it more than usual??
First Reboot and monitor your system resource meter as you boot up and open up programs..
You may also need to re-adjust your virtual memory settings.

Also in general if you dont have alot of RAM like 256 megs minimum or a limited hardrive u may want to limit the amount of crap that boots up automatically when you reboot your pc..go to run/type "msconfig"/use selective startup-go to last tab and uncheck programs that auto start-up

Also your virtual memory may be low for some reason

If the new software you downloaded was a hog-- thats the problem

If you have more poker rooms open than usual and you only have 128 megs or even 256 megs of RAM and you havent rebooted all day or 2 days thats also possibly it..

I just upgrade this workstation I had 512 megs now have 1000 megs.you can get by on 256 possibly but for most people I'd say get 512 now.If you are apoker-freak you need a robust sytem with alot of memory