View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 05:15 AM

Default Re: is there a such thing as an unlucky person???

If you have AK preflop, you'll only flop an A or a K about 1/3 of the time. Same goes for 4-str8 and 4-flush. It's not bad luck, it's a statistical fact. If you believe you are unlucky, get pokertracker. Once you've gotten AK more than a hundred times, check how often you'll have flopped the A or the K.
[ QUOTE ]
this sucks man, a buddy on here who is a really good player and won lots and lots of money recently told me to just wait and get some money together and play 3-6 cuz the lower limits are too shaky.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, the variance for a skilled player is probably a bit higher if the unit is nr of bets! Somehow, I still doubt that the variance in terms of $$ should be lower at 3-6.
[ QUOTE ]
I dont know, poker is starting to drain me honestly. There is really no formula to sucess when every one calls every thing and ur cards dont come and when they do they get busted by lucky bad players #1,2 and 3.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think there is, play solid poker. Of course, there's variance in hold'em, and hence you won't allways win. BUT you wouldn't win neither if "bad players #1,2,3" weren't in the game.