View Single Post
Old 01-22-2004, 03:21 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default Re: Party chat about PS cheating?

It is true that the last few months 2 groups of players have appeared at PS (at least in the games I play).
At NLHE, there is a group of swedes/norvegians? that call themselves Teamchampion, teamchampion99, champion99 and several other names like that. They all come from the same town (sarpsborg or something close) and normally play at the same time and at the same games.
At PLO there is a crowd of players from Finland, there appear new names every week, many from a small town by the polar circle, called Oulu, sometimes there are 5/6 from Finland playing at the same table. This makes me very uncomfortable and I have avoided the games they are in for some time now.
You have to consider that in these scandunavians countries, poker is illegal and has mostly been played by semicriminals with no scruples. That cheating on net exists, I know from personal experience(that is I have seen it, not done it myself).

I am also a backgammon player and I had a conversation online with a BG player from Finland some weeks ago over a game. We were discussing for a long time about BG and poker and he told me that he was in a group of players that operated toghether at Bg. He said that he did not played poker himself, but he had some friends that did, and that they also played at the same tables and shared profits.
Nothing of this can I prove of course, but the important thing to remember here is that poker in these countries is mostly played by people of very limited moral.
I know of course that there are also honest players, my appologies to them, but they know that what I am saying is true.