View Single Post
Old 01-22-2004, 11:26 AM

Default Thanks..and alittle more info

Thank you both for your replies.

First, I'd like to say that the draw game that I'm playing is double blind with a 52 card deck; i.e., no joker, and NOT jacks-or-better.

Second, Buzz, can you please break down the numbers:
"(5*4/2+5*42+2*3+9*6)/1081 = 280/1081 = 0.259 is the true probability ". What do the numbers represent; where do you get them from? I like math and would like to understand what you're trying to show me above.

Finally, the game I'm playing. There are some good players and some fish. When I started reading Mason's book, I tried to always play nothing less then jacks-or-better, even though, using the double blind, there's no openning qualifier. Reading Caro's section of Super System on draw, he has limited detail, but states you can play down to 8's on the button (if no one else has openned). After reading this, I was wondering if I was playing too tighly for my game. I do see people keeping kickers at times, and I do understand the need for deception. If I raise as first in w/ QQKxx and get a caller or two, I'll go ahead and keep my king kicker and still bet out after the draw (if my competition draws 1 or 3) to represent trips. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Once again, thanks for the replies.

~DOMIT