View Single Post
Old 01-22-2004, 02:25 AM

Default Quick Trip Report A.C

I went to Atlantic City over the weekend to play some B&M poker for a switch. Since I live in a no gamble state 9.99% of my poker playing is online.

Overall I had a blast playing at the Borgata and the Tropicana.
I arrived Sunday night and checked into the HJ Boardwalk which is next door to the Trop. They offer a mid- winter special where the rooms are 78.00 a night for 3 nights. With this I got a $30.00 coin coupon for the Hilton and $30.00 coupon for the Trop. These were good for $60.00 in cash no play of any kind required (good for tournament buy-ins though). Also included were a free Trop Buffet, a free dinner at the HJ Restaurant and 3 complimentary breakfast buffets at the hotel.

Sunday night at the Trop I got into a very friendly family 2/4 game. By family I mean the guy next to me had his grandmother next to him, his mother 2 seats up from her, his best friend to my right and another relative next to him. After a while they made me part of the family even though they though it was strange that I folded almost every hand including the SB for the first hour as I was getting no cards. Gradually the family dispersed and I quit that game after about 3 hours up 23 BB.

Monday I went to the Borgata, which has a very nice Hi-Tech atmosphere. I got into a new 3/6 game. 2 seats to my left was a maniac that made sure we played at minimum 6/12 limits if he was in a hand, and he was in every hand and hitting insanely lucky draws. Again I mucked em for an hour till he left for 6/12. His last play before left he put the guy to my right all-in capping it pre-flop. All-in had JJ and The LAG rivered 2 pair and his 82o was good (no joke). I stuck around for a while and left that game up 7 or 8 BB.

Monday night Trop NL tourney had 190 participants, I got to about 70th place and called an all-in with JJ and lost to QQ.

Tuesday I played 4/8 at the Trop. This was the first time I have played higher than 3/6 (except for online NL/PL which doesn’t count as it’s as the blinds are so low). I wanted to be very careful and low key here at a new level and a table full of locals that seemed to know each other.
Then I got KK in the BB,
It was folded to the button (young guy) who raised. SB mucked and I re-raised button re-raised and I capped.
-A local guy says “Aces and Kings”
Flop was K A 10 suit irrelevant
This is somewhat odd cause I was BB but the button said “check” I bet, he check-raised, and I called.
I checked and called the turn bet (blank cards)
We both checked the river
Button had A 10o for 2 pair and my 3 kings were good

I left that game up 20.00
4/8 requires a different style of play though than I have developed playing PL online. The blinds would do me in unless I loosen up considerably I believe.

Tuesday night at the Borgta I played the limit tourney with 140 participants. Fun tourney, I got knocked out 30th after my aces got cracked by a set of queens leaving my just a few hundred in T chips.

That’s it!

bbill