View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Mixing up one\'s raises

[ QUOTE ]
UTG I'm dealt Js6s. What the hey, I figure, maybe I can steal the blinds again. I raise and get several callers. Long story short, I take down a fair sized pot with a rare (for me) flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it when a plan comes together! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously, I would love to be able to pull something like this off. When I'm playing a super tight table, I get real tempted to start raising every hand until I get callers.

When I do get the urge to try this, I usually avoid doing back to back raises - it looks too much like you're on the steal. Wait a couple of hands and try it - you'll probably be able to steal the blinds every 3 hands if the table is that tight.

Smooth calling Aces? I'll do it every once in a while - it really freaks people out unless they're real solid and understand the tactical usefulness of this play occasionally. I usually do it hoping to 3 bet someone else, but it can work out very well (get my raise in on the flop) when they're disquised.

I think it's real important to mix up your raising practices - it's nice to get enough good cards during a session to be able to do these kinds of things.