View Single Post
Old 01-16-2004, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Early raises in Omaha

Sorry Ice, I was talking limit.

Isn't the problem with raising early in limit that although people may call with complete junk, 2 bets makes them only play their "better" hands. Or worse you may get a maniac raise and find yourself isolated by a hand that is good headsup against yours, as opposed to a juicy field. I think it may be a game composition thing. In the games on Party, 3-6 to the flop is common, but an early raise "may" cut that down more to the three side, and its rare for a 3 bet to get much action. So with that composition, I think we are in agreement that passive first in or versus one early raiser is best.

Interestingly, in plo8b I do like to make a lot of sweetener raises against poor opposition, but of course never out of position. This isnt so much anything other than raising the stakes of the game for the hands that you view as being favourable. In a 1/2 blind game, if every hand that is strong is played at a 6 blind level, but all the rest played at 2, then this alone can be a huge edge. But only against weak loose opposition. But if you have strong opposition, why the hell are you playing plo8b [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

cheers

dd