View Single Post
Old 01-16-2004, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Rolled up Queens

I have to disagree here. Just calling the first time around, absolutely. Once you've got three opponents in for $60 each, the pot is big enough that they probably won't fold and if they do you're just as happy. Raise it up and don't stop 'til they drop. If you're against ultra-strong opponents who are going to read your hand as rolled up, then maybe just calling a second time is good. But I find many players don't read that precisely. -- they may just think it's a wtf move with queens and a big kicker, a big flush draw or whatever. I had rolled tens in a live 5-10 game recently and just went insane from third one with three betting and betting/raising at every opportunity and still got called down by two players. One had two pair (nines up!) the other had split fours with no draw and hit a third one on sixth street. I think most players will call if they were going to call based on their hand, so why not use this to your advantage and let them call one more when your hand is almost surely boss.