View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Turbo Texas Hold\'em

Try doing a search on something like "TTH Mason" to find some threads where Mason Malmuth has posted his comments.

The general consensus seems to be that it is pretty weak in terms of how some of the profiles play and the play advice that it offers. I'm not an advanced player, but I have to agree with the latter criticism: in some situations, I can't for the life of me figure out how it could give the advice it does. Nevertheless, I found it worthwhile as a beginner to practice preflop hand selection, reading the board, etc.

The simulation capabilities are useful in principle but given some of the comments here the results would be questionable. For instance, I used it to see how Phil Hellmuth's seemingly nutty limit play advice would work against a low limit lineup. Answer: He would win, but not much. Somehow I doubt that result would get him off the hook around here, though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I don't use it much now unless I'm really bored. You may want to look at other software options like Poki's Poker Academy, which sounds interesting. Hope that helps.