View Single Post
Old 12-31-2003, 01:10 PM

Default Re: A3 Suited on Botton...Opinions needed

Yes, I would love to reply to your statements!

You are exactly right!

Ax in this situation should play exactly the same as 4 6 suited. If anyone has an ace, which in low limit any ace is limped with a large percentage of time, you are beaten when the ace flops. Furthermore, you will never be able to determine if your ace is good without going to the river. You most likely will never be raised by a better ace in a low limit passive game. So when your ace is there, you cost yourself multitudes to find out that you were out kicked. If a bet is to you, and an ace is on the board, no raise will help you determine if your ace is good. You will more than likely be called down.

When an ace flops and everyone folds to your bet, they would have also folded when you hold 4 6!!! Your ace has no value in this case either. They were going to fold to a bet when an ace flops period.

If you get lucky, and hit the flush, or pick up a flush draw, it is very likely to be the only one in there, and will be good. I don't believe 4 6 has much less flush value in this case than Ax.

No one is looking at the clearly obvious (to me anyway) reasons why Ax suited has no more value than 4 6 suited in this situation.

Please, someone respond with a real argument as to how they will know when their ace is good!