View Single Post
Old 12-22-2003, 01:23 PM

Default Re: A weak-tight decision ?

[ QUOTE ]
If i reraise UTG will cap it and I risk losing the two loose passive players ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Kim,

Are you implying that if you reraise and it gets capped, you might actually get this pot heads up with position against a random hand who is willing to give up if he misses? If this is the case, a 3-bet is definitely viable.

Personally, I don't see loose passive players calling two cold and then folding when it's capped and another two back to them. This is why I elliminated the 3-bet as a possibility. With those players involved, you have to play to showdown the winner, which means you want to pay as little as possible while you are still drawing.

If you are suggesting that the other players might fold and leave you heads up, then now you can reraise and try to win this pot unimproved by bluffing the random hand out when he misses, which will be quite often and very profitable.

More likely though, you will not lose the limpers and may very well get a free card, as elysium suggests. I personally think this card will have become too expensive though, as you're paying a full big bet for it preflop! yuck. If you flop a straight or a flush, you'll be disappointed at having put on the frighteners preflop with your 3-bet. If you totally whiff you'll be disappointed that you put in the extra money. Finally, even if you do flop a draw, there is some chance that you will get a free card anyways against these passive opponents, especially if you put in a flop raise. In other words, I think just calling is the best plan here.