View Single Post
Old 12-22-2003, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Legitimate Games?

I get the impression that we all ask the "is it legit" question within the first week we start posting here. I agree that there are times when you get "the seat" that is just destined to get a very good #2 hand most of the session. I sat in "that seat" all weekend and it's very frustrating.

There's no reason to believe that the site is setting things up, even if it feels that way sometimes.

It is very amazing the stuff you see online and even though these events come in droves, you have to remember that you (allegedly) see more hands in an on-line session than you will live so the frequency of things is much higher.

It has been noted that some people are much more wreckless on-line due to the annonymity of the situation, so that will account for some people playing and chasing all kinds of garbage. I'm still looking for the game that I can play in and feel confident that I have a clue what kind of cards these guys are holding so I can maximize my opportunities, but they always seem to pull some kind of miracle out of their butts with cards you just can't put them on.

These all come to mind and are vs. pre-flop raises:
-Q5o to catch a 4-suiter board flush to beat your set....
-79o to catch a gutshot vs Top 2 pr....
-J6o to catch a boat on the river....
-45s for the ignorant end of the straight...
-PFR with Q2s from the sb to catch a river flush vs flopped set....

I could go on and on (can't we all) but I try to banish these hands from my memory. Sigh.