View Single Post
Old 12-18-2003, 04:38 AM

Default 30-60 I think I could have squeezed out one more bet

First time in Vegas so naturally I hit up the Bellagio right away. The WPT is going on so it's jammed to the tits in the poker room. The room has a beautiful aroma of money and fish. I sit in a dynamite 30-60 game. Just the right combination of fish/knowledgables at the tables. Here's a hand that came up where afterwards I thought I could have eeked out another big bet from my opponent on the river. Here's the rundown:

Tight oriental guy raises in EP and gets called by 2 dreadful fish both in LP. I'm in the BB and call the raise with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Flop-K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I decide to lead out with a bet and get raised by the preflop popper. Fishes surprisingly leave and I'm left HU with a nice draw. I call the raise.

Turn-K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I like that card. I checkraise my opponent and am quickly reraised. I of course, 240 him with the nuts. He calls. I am almost certain that he is holding a set here, I'de say 90% certain from the play I've seen so far from him in previous hands.

River-K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Whew! Nice brick. I bet out and he calls. BUT!!!! If I'm so sure that he holds a set or at least a hand worth of a bet on the end, would going for a checkraise be insane? I mean, I know I'm going to get the call, so that's a guaranteed bet in my pocket. But I think he will bet this for me if I check to him and maybe call a checkraise. What do you think? Just take the easy 60 bucks or go for the whole shabam?

PokerPrince