View Single Post
Old 12-17-2003, 05:44 AM

Default Re: Poki to be commercially released!

Gnug315,

YOU said: >> The thought might amuse you now, but when your yearly winnings drop from, say, 6 figures to nothing, you won't be so amused. <<

There's nothing in your post that is a revelation for me. Basically, I totally agree with everything you posted. My initial post was just a review for a very exciting new product for the poker community. I never claimed there was no downside ultimately to the professionals bottom-line. I'm very intimately aware of the impact of Jellyfish and Snowie upon the professional backgammon players bottom-line.

Many former backgammon pros and semi-pros like myself have turned to poker due to increased sophistication of the "average" recreational player due to software like Snowie and excellent backgammon literature. Erik Seidel, Tom McEvoy, Paul Magriel, Gus Hansen, etc.. were all former backgammon pros.

But like you said, there's a much bigger ocean of fish in the poker pond than in the backgammon pond. So, there should be enough fishing available for some time to come. And poker is at a all time peak due to the WPT, online poker and the Moneymaker success story.