View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Poki to be commercially released!

Aces, as you might be aware, while Snowie has helped no less than 99% of all professional BG players improve dramatically, it's also the game's eventual downfall, gambling-wise: the % of players reaching a world-class level of skill is becoming so big, each one is suffering seperately. Meanwhile, it educates the general mob in terms such as "equity" and other critical game dynamics, something that really cuts down on their willingness to play against pros.

Naturally, the nature of the game poker makes it much less vulnerable to such programs. Also, the sheer amount of popularity it enjoys, atleast hundredfold of bg, means there will always be huge amounts of ppl passing in and out of the enviroment, ensuring endless infusions of fresh blood.

However, what I'm trying to say is that the last thing you want is an awesome all-round program that slaughters 99% of all players, because IF it becomes the New Wonder inside the poker world, world famous etc, it will heavily cut into your profits. The thought might amuse you now, but when your yearly winnings drop from, say, 6 figures to nothing, you won't be so amused.

What you DO want is precision tools for analyzing specifis aspects of the game - something too complicated or specific for the average Joe to draw any use of, but of great value to you. I, for example, would love to know a specific hand's preflop allin % chance of winning vs a random hand, or even several.

Anyhoo, just my 2 cents.

I'll be the first in line for this software, naturally [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]