View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Playing online for a living week 33

I hear what you're saying, but the day I start thinking of it as just putting in hours, I'll quit playing. It will lose all it's appeal to me and become another job.

For better or worse I do try to win every session, not to the extent of changing my game to do so, but when I find a table that seems easier to beat I will stay longer than my planned hours, and I do quit early if there is no edge to be found.

The comment about the $1,200 hour was of course facetious, and I didn't mean to indicate I should have played the other hand differently, just that I wish I had made an incorrect read because it would have meant another couple of bets. I want to milk every bet I can out of every session.

My resources are not so deep that I can afford too many bad weeks, so while I don't fret 1 losing session too much, I do still worry a lot about bad weeks. THat is still the time frame I concern myself about. My bankroll is around 1200 BB's right now, and as crazy as it seems i still think of myself as 10 weeks from ruin. Maybe if I get it up to a few months of reserves I'll stop worrying about it and take the losses a little better, but to be honest I think worrying about the losses keeps my level of play high.