View Single Post
Old 12-14-2003, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Playing online for a living week 33

...my good read actually cost me $20, since I’m sure he was going to raise the turn.

This is extremely poor logic. You should be thinking long-term, David, and not pot by pot. Since you've been playing for a living for a while now, I would've thought you'd be over results-oriented thinking, but this statement along with, "In the one hour before I had to go get my son I won $1,200. That’s a pretty good hourly rate," makes me wonder if your thought process is a little askew. Now that you've established your hourly rate, who cares how much you won or lost in any particular session or day or week? I'm hoping you're not living month to month depending on your poker winnings, and you have money saved up and a bankroll in excess of 600 BB's. If so, then there's no need to fret or celebrate big losses or wins. It'll all come out to what your hourly rate is in the long-run. All you need to worry about it putting in solid, quality hours at the tables. Your bottomline will follow. I've been playing for income for 2 months now, and I don't even worry about the results of a particular session or day; I just make sure I put in my 30 hours/wk and play optimally. You seem to emphasize your day-to-day and week-to-week monetary gains/losses way too much.

That's all I got.

GoT

PS. I'd like to come down and see you at the Muck, but alas, my youth screws me over yet again. (I'm still bitter over that whole statuatory rape incident...)