View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 01:15 AM

Default Am I giving up too much?

I played these two hands at the $10-$20 at the Borgata this weekend. Not sure about these folds, so was wondering what people think. Just finished re-reading the Brier/Ciaffone book and I am wondering if the some of the ultra-tightness of the book has rubbed off on me. Game was ultra loose-passive and I really wasn't looking to push any marginal edges too far.

Hand 1:
I am on the button with KJs 6 people limp to me, I call, and the big blind raps the table.

Flop comes
T 7 Q rainbow no heart.

Checked to the guy right before me who bets, I call, and three other people call. The better will play any two cards, but rarely bets or raises without a very good hand.

The turn pairs the ten, and puts up a flush draw. An early player bets, folded to the guy before me who raises. I fold.

An offsuit 9 falls on the river, and my results will follow.

Hand 2:

I am in the big blind with Q2off and get a free look after 7 limpers.

The flop comes 3 4 5, with a flush draw. It's checked around.

River is a Queen. Two people check, theres a bet and two callers to me....I fold.

Again comments appreciated...

On hand 1 I just got a gut feeling that I was drawing dead. That coupled with the fact that I still had to make my hand caused the fold.

I thought about hand 2 for a while. From what I had seen about the player who bet, he likely had at least a pair of Queens. If this was the case, than my outs were much thinner than they appeared. The pot was big, but the flop did check around.

-Huh