View Single Post
Old 12-08-2003, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Bellagio 15-30 questions

Just returned from Vegas and thought I'd give my two cents. I played exclusively at the Bellagio at the 15-30 (though I did sit for about an hour in an 8-16 game waiting to get into the 15-30 [long lists due to five diamond tournament]). This was my first time playing as high as 15-30, and I was worried that I might be moving up too quickly, but after about 20 minutes at the table I found that I could definitely hang at 15-30, and if anything I was consistently one of the 2-3 best players at my table. Tons of people playing any ace, from any position. People playing pocket pairs (no matter how small) for a raise no matter how few opponents. People determined to defend their blinds with 8-5 offsuit b/c they already had 15 in the pot -- just dream opponents. Most were passive enough not to raise without the nuts or damn near the nuts. A few maniacs looking to give away their money, but all and all, I found the 15-30 to be quite tight and passive during the tough times, and loose and passive during the good times. I found the day time games to be better than the night time games (though to be fair I only played until about 1 or 2 in the morning, and from listening to some of the locals, they said that 3-4 in the morning is when the games really get rocking), but that could be b/c the deck hit me in the face two days. I had a four hour session on saturday that made me $2000, and a 6 hour session thursday that made me $1400 -- both my biggest wins to date. I thought about taking a shot at the 30-60, after seeing some of my weaker opponents from my first two days in the game, but I didn't want to take a hit there and give back all I won in the 15-30. I'm sure some of the loose action was due in large part to the tournament in town.