View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Does the value of position change throughout the tournament?

well high risk/high reward is what this game is about...I am obviously not advocating of doing this nonstop...but even if someone knows what i am doing it's pretty tough to call with anything but good hands....sure I am going all in on rag flop but can you call me with ace high and not be sure I caught a piece of the board? being up front in a shorthanded game creates a beneficial circumstance....big hands are not as easy to come by as you make it out to be especially in shorthanded games...and even if I get called by anything except monsters I still likely have live cards and a 3:2 or 2:1 underdog....early position becomes very useful especially against other aggressive players in late position with some chips to play post flop....all in flop...chances are they missed and can't call....and have 3 cards less to save them....plus if i can steal blinds 2-3 times that equats to a huge amount of chips in late stages of a tournament...I may very well double up this way....but obviously you have to have a chipstack of around avg or better so opponents calling you need to know if they loose they'll be dented, crippled or gone if they step in your way...