View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: you ever get that feeling...

I like checking behind on the flop (although I don't always do it when I should).

[ QUOTE ]
The only question i have is when would this have been a bet? If we loose one player? If we would have hit bottom pair but otherwise have the same flop and hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Figure in # of opponents and tendencies. Three or more opponents tend to check unless all three are super passive - not the case in this hand.

Figure in the board texture - For instance if the board was less connected or rainbow - betting starts to look slightly more attractive.

With 2 missed overcards - You should mostly be looking at # of opponents, their tendencies, and possible holdings, but a slight change in board texture might tip the scales to a bet in some of these spots.

Also consider two of your opponents hold blind hands - it's not like they limped in with 9T or KJ and got raised... they could have anything. You can't really put the blinds here on a range of hands, other than the fact they are more likely to hold a 2-6 because they were in the blind.