View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 08:51 PM

Default A couple line checks, $25pl fullring.

1st hand I've K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the sb with $25. 3 limps to me, I raise to $1.50 and get 2 callers. No reads on either as this is early in the session.

Flop is a dirty Q3Q rainbow with $4 in the pot.

I check here because I think it's too obvious to bet a Queen so soon on a non-draw board. Good thinking or nonsense?

It's checked around and the turn is an 8 making two spades on board. I bet $3 and get caled by villian with $11 left.

River is the 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] leaving no straight or flush on the board.

Hero.....?

Hand 2 is one of those tricky WA/WB hands, a draw heavy board with position, and a troublesome rivercall (well it was for me).

Folded to me in the CO with QT[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I go for a steal against two unknowns in the blinds. The button, sensing my skill, correctly folds his monster, while the blinds volunteer to be be slaughtered.

Flop ($3) is 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] And the villians check to me, so I do the right thing in betting $2.50 at them. sb folds and the bb calls, no reads on bb unfortunately.

Turn ($9) is the 5:clubs: and the pot is quite big for the pair+no draw I'm holding. Villian checks and I bet $4, which is too small I think, I was worried that I was already beaten. Villian calls the $4.

River ($17) is the 3:spades: and villian springs to life with a bet of $5.

Hero.......easy call for 3.6-1 odds? I feel that I pay off too much in these situations, I'd usually fold here. Weak?

Results (white):
<font color="white">
Hand 1 I put out a blocking bet of sorts for $3, and villian raised all-in for his last $9.50. I considered calling, then folded. Was the $3 bet a good move? I thought he might take a stab with a low pair if I checked the river after checking turn.

Hand 2 I called and won</font>