View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Curtains 4: TT Facing Minraise

pushing is a bad play since you'll only get called by 24 hands of overpair or 16 hands ok AK, overall garbage EV for this tournament since you're almost certainly endin up in the money by just chilling out. calling or raising a decent raise both seem debatable...
call:
If there's no reads whats so ever calling is not bad, since you'll have position, no need to neutralize that if he re-raises.
You'll have a chance to analyze the flop before committing more chips putting yourself in a spot of taking away your vast lead over most of the other players...
Raise:
he's chip leader, probably just flexing his muscles to fasten the game and stealing blinds, 10s is probably a favorite against his range of hands.
he's got a HUGE stack when not many ppl are out - probably (more than60%) didn't get there by playing very solid poker, unless its very low stakes like 5~10.
You are the two big stacks at the table, you'll probably be butting heads couple rounds from now when only a few ppl are left and the blinds have gone up, you wanna be the penis and him the vagina, not the other way around, since the ability to steal blinds is one of the most edges you can extract in high blinds crapshoot.

overall its a tough call to make. i tried to overanalyze this as much as i wanted to, but i'm sure there are more things to look at here.