Thread: 87s
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Re: 87s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At what point do I lay this down or do I continue with it all the way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop- anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's likely to be 7-handed and you're going to lay down a suited connector for one bet? Are you laying down with 4 limpers in the SB? What about with 5 limpers in CO? (I know, not exactly the same, but close enough.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you mention that, as I was replying I'm completing the SB with 5 limpers on 56s. I glanced and correct me if I'm worng but it's two bets to go right? I didn't take note of the fact you're looking at playing 7 handed. But still cold calling 2 bets with many players left to LRR just doesn't seem like you're getting a lot of equity out of this hand. With this instance the flop is about as good as it gets and you're seeing some of the same problems you would if it were all clubs. I'm not at my home computer so I can't check my stats on 78s but they're probably not very pertinent since for me it falls into the "garbage in = garbage out" category. I'll play it late position and for 1 bet with some limpers or when the moon is shining just right and I'm guessing I lose money on the deal.