View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Customizing strategy to the opponent: The passive river guy

Poker padawan, in most of your posts you are making an assumption that I really don't think is correct most of the time. You are saying that the villain is trying to think what you're thinking and that he distinctly remembers previous hands you played and has the ability to correctly adjust his play based on these previous hands. The first hand shows us we can push this guy around a bit when we want to get to showdown cheaply. I don't really seeing it applying ot the second hand. Even if we are behind sometimes on the turn, there is only one hand SB is three betting with (QJ) and I think we can assume a good amount of the time that UTG will call two cold and one for sure to allow us to make this raise every time. If you think you are behind a good percentage of the time then just call the river. You lost money by playing the second hand that way. I think the first hand supports raising the turn knowing that SB probably won't three bet and we will gain money from UTG. The fact he didn't cap the river in the first hand isn't that bad and that doesnt mean he will on ly be three betting the nuts on the turn in the second hand.