View Single Post
Old 02-05-2002, 03:56 PM

Default Jim Brier - A Guy that Must a Lot of Heart

I've got a new term (at least I haven't come across it before) called "forum appropriate." I didn't post this on the Mid & High stakes hold'em forum because I wanted to be "forum appropriate" or may a better term is "forum correct."

Jim Brier is getting dissed a little bit on the hold'me forum I mentioned and I just wanted to say that I think Jim must be a guy with the intangible quality referred to as "heart." To me a player that has "heart" has both an inordiante amount of guts and has an incredible desire to win. Don't think I'm right? What other poster has made as many posts about hands where they screwed up and screwed them up so badly? He does it to get better and if you think it's easy to take a hard look at your mistakes and have them scrutinized by so many I think you should take note of how few do it and do it so honestly and openly. In my mind it shows a great desire to win. Yes I find fault with some of what Jim states about poker and at times I feel he is being stubborn but I don't find fault with that much and who among us is perfect anyway?