View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Found my biggest leak!

Recently I was posting this hand , where I assumed to be behind preflop. The flop didn't help me, but I still called a bet from villain, before folding on the turn.
I was analysing the situation and found my biggest leak:
I'm too often hoping to outplay the villains! If I don't hit the flop (which is of course often the case), I hope to be able to run a bluff. Always. (OK, not always, but much too often).

One of the reasons is, that I'm 1-tabling. So, being tight, I play only every 5th hand. Of these hands, I miss the flop often (as everybody). But if I miss too often in a row, I get impatient. So I try bluffs based on my impatience, not on the occasions.

When I was analysing my general play, I found out, that I lose most of my money in situations, where I'm behind and I know, I'm behind, but I hope to make villain fold. Especially heads up. Of course, sometimes it works, but it works too few to be profitable.

So,
- I have to become more patient
- I have to better time my bluffs
- and maybe multitabling [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I play poker to have fun, but waiting all the time for a good enough hand isn't fun. OK, losing is also no fun. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I'm curious, what future brings. Because finding a leak is one thing, but being able to turn it off is another. I AM just an impatient guy.